I am a postdoc in political science at the University of Zurich and the Digital Democracy Lab, working on conflicts around democracy, immigration, digitalization and patterns of party competition. Next to classical political science methods, I use (and teach) text-as-data, webscraping and various types of digital trace data in my research.
Some of the things I’d like you to know about me: I have recently been awarded the PolMeth Europe Emerging Scholar Award for Contributions to Political Methodology at the first European PolMeth Conference in March 2021. Previously, one of my papers has won the Best Presentation Award at the European Symposium on Societal Challenges in Computational Social Science and was recently published by Political Behavior.
- 11/2021: Our paper 'How the refugee crisis and radical right parties shape party competition on immigration' (with Sophia Hunger), was published at Political Science Research and Methods - the paper is Open Access
- 08/2021: Our paper 'How do populist radical right parties differentiate their appeal? Evidence from the media strategy of the Hungarian Jobbik party' (with Endre Borbáth), was published online by Government & Opposition - the paper is open access and replication material is available online
- 06/2021: Our paper 'Building Research Infrastructures to Study Digital Technology and Politics: Lessons from Switzerland.' (with F. Gilardi, L. Baumgartner, C. Dermont, K. Donnay, M. Kubli, L. Leemann and S. Müller) was acepted at PS: Political Science & Politics - the [preprint] is available online
- 05/2021: Our paper 'Social Media and Political Agenda Setting' (with Fabrizio Gilardi, Mael Kubli and Stefan Müller) was published at Political Communication - the paper is Open Access
- 03/2021: Our paper 'Social Media and Policy Responses to the COVID-19 Pandemic in Switzerland' (with Fabrizio Gilardi, Mael Kubli and Stefan Müller) was accepted at the Swiss Political Science Review
- 01/2021: Our paper 'No country for Asylum Seekers? How short-term exposure to refugees influences attitudes and voting behavior in Hungary' (with Gergö Tóth and Johannes Wachs) was published at Political Behavior - the paper is Open Access